Online and Continuing Education
Balancing family, work and all of life’s other responsibilities does not always leave you with enough time to complete your academic goals. However, the Online and Continuing Education Program at Linfield College allows you to earn a degree in your own time from the comfort of your home.
Are You Ready?
Use our Online Assessment to see if you’re prepared to take an online class.
As one of the oldest private colleges on the West Coast, Linfield is a fully accredited institution with a reputation for excellence. Whether Linfield College students learn in an online classroom or one with four walls, each student is given the tools to succeed from a supportive community of faculty and staff. No matter your educational background, age, or academic program, each Linfield student will have access to:
- An admissions counselor who will help you transfer your credits from other institutions and answer questions about your program.
- An academic adviser to help you navigate through your degree or certificate program and complete your academic goals.
- Technical support from an experienced and helpful staff.
- A variety of classes in our 8 degree programs, 17 certificate programs, and 5 minors.
- A convenient schedule with classes starting in Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.
- Higher completion rate than the national average.
Does just the idea of taking a math class make you nervous? Has it been a while since you have taken a math class? Feel like you need a refresher? Want to review your algebra before moving into a college level math course? Mathbootcamps.com is an online resource will provide you with the opportunity to refresh your skills and provide you with good reference materials so that you are better prepared for the next step!
Meet the Students
No one knows how Linfield’s online program can positively affect lives like our students. Take a minute to hear Jennifer Rhafir, Kathy Attaway and Fred Van Drimmelen talk about their experiences in their own words. Here you’ll find out what they and other students and alumni have received from the program and what they had to put in to succeed.
As a working adult you bring with you prior learning from a variety of sources: on the job, non-credit workshops, travel, personal interests, family, life experience, and volunteer responsibilities. Linfield College believes that adults should be able to receive college credit for life experience acquired outside of the traditional college setting.
Take Your Nursing Career to the Next Level by Achieving your BSN
Linfield College s Online and Continuing Education s Online RN to BSN program is designed for working nurses ready to advance their professional opportunities:
- Flexible online course delivery that emphasizes collaboration and rich interaction with nurse peers and faculty
- Invest your time and resources in a rigorous, fully accredited program. recognized nationally by employers and graduate programs
- Build on your experience to develop leadership skills in communication, diversity, evidence-based practice, and population health
- Choose to serve in a local or international community to complete experiential learning requirements
- Work closely with academic advisors and faculty mentors who are certified in online education
- Earn credit for prior learning no expiration date on transfer credits
- Choose a start date that works best for you – RN to BSN courses offered every semester
Linfield OCE Blog
Linfield College Online and Continuing Education Waives Application Fees for RN to BSN Candidates
In honor of National Nurses Week, Linfield College Online and Continuing Education will waive the $50 application fee for applicants to their online RN to BSN degree from May 1–14. For the second year in a row, Linfield College Online and Continuing Education is encouraging registered nurses to apply for its online RN to BSN [ ]