Health Care Management
Deepen your health care management expertise while earning a career-building online degree from Excelsior College: a Master of Business Administration (Health Care Management) .
Excelsior designed this flexible MBA program for working adults who need to balance their degree with professional and family responsibilities. You’ll get a respected degree from an accredited college, enabling you to compete for leadership jobs in the dynamic health care industry. But you’ll graduate in less time, at a lower cost, from Excelsior College, a national leader in adult education and distance learning since 1971.
Learn how you can fast foward your career with an online MBA degree from Excelsior College.
Advance Your Career With a Flexible, Affordable MBA in Health Care Management
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.
Excelsior’s MBA courses meet the same quality standards that apply to health care programs at traditional colleges. We constantly revise our materials and curriculum to stay current with new trends.
You’ll learn from outstanding faculty who have years of experience in the health care industry. The health care management concentration within the MBA program cultivates the kinds of expertise employers look for, including:
- Human resources
- Health care law and government regulations
- Health care economics
Upon completion of an Excelsior College Master of Business Administration, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics into strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences orally and in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply project management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
The MBA requires 36 – 51 credits, depending on a student’s prior learning. Students may transfer in up to 24 approved credits. The program has 5 foundation requirements that can be waived on the basis of prior upper level undergraduate study in the relevant areas. Approved undergraduate courses must be no older than 10 years, with a grade of B or better. The foundation requirements are:
- Organizational Behavior
- Quantitative Analysis
Any waivers will be counted as part of the 24 credits allowed in transfer. See catalog for further details.
See the credit requirements in chart form .